I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award on Featured Fiction, a contest-based site I run. Then, to my surprise, a blogging buddy of mine, Callum McLaughlin (I hope you don’t mind the title), nominated me for this, my personal site.
Now I know I probably shouldn’t accept the award again, since I’ve recently nominated and answered the obligatory questions, but I’m going to anyway!
So thank you, Callum, for the nomination, you continued support, and for sharing your awesome writing with us.
For those of you unfamiliar with the award, here’s a little reminder of the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers.
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
Let’s get to it. Here are my answers to the questions;
- Summer or winter?
Winter, because there are no wasps. I have a huge phobia of wasps – I usually run away like I’m being chased by a tiger! I don’t know what it is about them. But they’re evil – little instruments of torture sent straight from hell 🙂
- Comedy or horror?
Definitely comedy. I usually hide behind a cushion when I’m watching a horror, and if it involves wasps…I’m outta there!
- Savoury or sweet?
- City or countryside?
I used to think countryside, but after living in a city so long, and then recently experiencing life in the countryside, now I’m not so sure. I love the solitude and the opportunity to write, but I miss the buzz and the convenience of a big city.
- Night in or night out?
Night in. I tend to avoid crowds of people and opt for a cozier, more intimate environment.
- Modern music or old music?
I’m not a huge fan of music. People are always shocked to hear that. But, living in my own world (most of the time), nothing really penetrates that bubble. I either find music distracting, or I don’t hear it at all – I tune it out.
When I’m in the mood to listen, my tastes are varied. If forced to choose, I’d probably say modern.
- Theatre or cinema?
I love both, but I’d probably choose cinema because I’m a film fanatic.
- Home or abroad?
I love England, I really do. I can’t imagine living anywhere else. But I’d also like to travel more, so I guess that means abroad, as long as I get to come home 🙂
- Company or solitude?
I crave solitude more than I crave company, but I’m not a hermit! I enjoy spending time with my family and close friends. I just need lots of alone time.
- Financial success or critical success?
They say money can’t buy happiness and you should never write solely for the recognition. I love to write, and if I somehow touch others with my words – well, I’m happy with that.
- Fantasy or reality?
I’ve had some of my happiest moments in reality, and my daughters continue to bring me great joy. Aside from that, there’s nothing quite like losing myself in new worlds, whether that’s between the pages of a book, creating them, or watching them come to life on the big screen.
And now for my nominations. There were other people I wanted to put forward, but couldn’t because their blog either had too many followers or they’d received the nomination before. I have a number of extremely supportive followers and I appreciate every single one of you. You know who you are – I hope!
Whether you like receiving awards or not, take these nominations in the spirit they were given. I enjoy your blogs and appreciate the opportunity to tell you so.
These are my questions to you;
1. What sound do you love?
2. What is one of your favourite quotes?
3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
4. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as a mentor?
5. If you could witness any event, past, present, or future, what would it be?
6. If you were immortal for one day, what would you do?
7. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
8. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
9. What book are you reading?
10. What is your favourite genre?
11. What is the funniest prank played on you, or played by you?
I look forward to receiving your answers.
Thanks for reading, and for indulging me a second time!